About the business
African Drumming are Australia’s leading West African Music specialists – we share our passion and knowledge by leading hundreds of annual workshops, offer retreats in Ghana, Bali, Australia and NZ and we make our instruments in our St Kilda studio using traditional drum crafting methods.
We also manage the sister company Bashiri, importing handmade baskets from Ghana.
About the role
African Drumming is a fast-paced workplace with plenty going on at all times. You will need to be able to work autonomously, stay calm under pressure while juggling multiple competing priorities, have a positive can-do solution focus, as well as good people and communication skills.
There are also opportunities for additional events and gigs for the right person with relevant skills.
Being a part of the team at African Drumming becomes about more than just doing a job, it becomes a way of life.
A day in the life:
- Processing, packing, and posting online orders
- Retail shop support (customer service, stock maintenance)
- Warehouse maintenance (loading and unloading for deliveries, drum hires etc)
- Tuning drums, maintenance and repairing of instruments (we can teach you how)
- Photographing and coding of products to list online
- Working through the Warehouse email inbox
Personal attributes we are looking for:
- Physically fit (ladder work, lifting, tuning drums)
- Good communication and people skills (customer service)
- Focused and disciplined
- Growth mindset
- Empathy for other roles
- Driver’s license (must be comfortable driving big vehicles)
- Passion for percussion & drumming experience is a plus
Benefits and perks
We love to support our team’s skills and passions – if there is a skill you’d like to develop or bring into the job, we are open to incorporating it whenever possible.
We also offer staff discounts on workshops, retreats and instruments.
This is a full-time role (Monday – Friday). Rate: $22 p/hr + 9.5% super. Start date is immediate.
If you are the perfect addition to our team, but are only available part-time for now, let us know.
Please wow us with your cover letter or video and send it along with your resume to Marta at: [email protected].