We are Australia’s largest and leading African music store offering hundreds of annual workshops, camps and retreats in Ghana, Bali, Australia and NZ. As well as onsite music, dance and drum making classes. We manufacture and export instruments from our St Kilda warehouse using traditional crafting methods. In addition we manage a store front selling West African instruments, supplies, baskets, clothing and much more!
We pride ourselves on giving back to the community and ensuring our ventures are eco-friendly and sustainable. If you’re looking for a dynamic role that’s more than ‘just a job’ we want to hear from you.
About the Role
- Receiving stock from suppliers
- Picking and packing orders
- Delivery of orders in company van
- Stock control and some data entry
- Tuning drums, maintenance and repairing of instruments (we can teach you how)
- Retail support (face to face customer service and answering phones)
You like bringing ideas and improvements to the table, and you continually strive to provide a WOW factor to everything you deliver.
- A current driver’s licence and confident driving manual trucks or vans
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Good communication and people skills (customer service)
- Ability to undertake manual tasks as required.
- Basic understanding of warehouse operations and inventory systems is an asset
Our ideal candidate will be easy-going, able to work under instruction and autonomously, stay calm under pressure while juggling multiple competing priorities.
Benefits and perks
We love to support our team’s skills and passions – if there is a skill you’d like to develop or bring into the job, we are open to incorporating it whenever possible.We also offer staff discounts on workshops, retreats and instruments.
How to Apply
This is a full-time role (Monday – Friday). Rate: $25 p/hr + super. Start date is immediate.
You must include a cover letter explaining your suitability as well as resume. Applications with no cover letter will not be considered.