This role is for 3 days per week: 2 days for the media role, 1 day for the events role.
African Drumming is Australia’s leading West African Music specialist – we share our passion by leading hundreds of annual workshops, offering retreats in Ghana, Bali, Australia and NZ, and making our instruments in our St Kilda studio using traditional drum crafting methods.
We also manage our sister company Bashiri, importing art and handmade baskets from Ghana. The role will coordinate media for both brands.
We are a busy, dynamic, and friendly team. As a small crew handling a broad scope of work, you’ll need to be adaptive while working on many different types of tasks, which keeps things interesting. Your role will include the following;
Social media strategy
– Creating, curating, and scheduling engaging and original content (including videos) across social media (especially fb, instagram, pinterest, tiktok and linkedin).
– Writing blog posts for our website, google my business, and other sources.
– Developing and implementing our social media strategy.
– Creating and scheduling our mailchimp email campaigns on a weekly basis.
– Monitoring comments and queries across our SM channels.
– Designing content using canva for google and fb ad campaigns
– Organising and styling photoshoots.
– Producing reports of social media engagement and reach, and providing recommendations.
Our events coordinator works 4 days per week; as part of your role, you’ll fill this position one day per week and when otherwise necessary. Responsibilities include:
– Offsite events coordination, from quoting to logistics to post event follow up (no need to be present at events).
– Client and performers liaison.
– Fielding email and phone enquiries.
– Booking performers and basic invoice management.
– A minimum of 1 year experience in social media coordination, content creation, and copywriting.
– Knowledge MS office suite
– Experience in either admin, operations, or events coordination/management.
– Must have excellent attention to detail
– Must have perfect English, both written and verbal.
– A great sense of style and design
The best fit for our team is someone who is direct, curious, has a sense of humour, and likes to solve problems.
If you have the following skills, they’ll be an advantage at this role:
– Video editing (especially in adobe)
– Knowledge of West African music & culture
– We’ll train you in all you need to know about our business and services, but we’ll also respond to your strengths and interests, so the role has a huge potential to grow.
– You can take our drumming classes for free!
– Discounts on our products and retreats
– We’ll be happy to send you to workshops and professional development to broaden your skills
This role is 3 days per week, with an option to work from home if you prefere. If you’d like to work from our offices some or all of the time, you’ll enjoy our lovely team and bright space.
You’ll be working closely with our Business Manager, however being able to work independently is a key trait.
Start time: immediate, though we’re flexible.
Rate is $25 per hour plus super on a part time basis (with all the associated benefits: annual leave, sick days etc).
If you’re interested in this role, please send us your resume, cover letter, and examples of your social media and content work to [email protected]