Rope – 5mm Premium
AU $1.35 – AU $155.00
High-quality yachting rope by the metre or 200m spool for Djembes, Bougarabou and Dunun.
- High strength and hard wearing cover
- UHMWPE Core (Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene)
- UV Resistant Polyester Jacket
- 610 Kg breaking capacity
Making lots of drums? Get a better deal when you buy a 200m spool!
Premium quality yachting rope by the metre, perfect for drum making. Stronger for longer, and with lower stretch, this rope won’t let you down. We’ve been using it ourselves for our Primo and Master Series Djembes, Bougarabou and Dunun for years.
This special 5mm premium rope is versatile and super reliable. We recommend it for:
- Verticals of larger djembes (11″ diameter and up) and bougarabous
- Rings and verticals of dununs
- Rings of larger djembes when you need extra strength and grip (think solo djembes)
- Also great for decorative wrapping and heavy duty handles
Trying to figure out how much rope you’ll need for your drum? These are the approximate lengths of rope we use for our djembes. If the bowl is large, you may want to add more.
10″………. 15m for verticals, 12m for rings (top and bottom)
11″………. 16m for verticals, 14m for rings (top and bottom)
12″……… 20m for verticals, 15m for rings (top and bottom)
13″……… 23m for verticals, 17m for rings (top and bottom)
14″……… 25m for verticals, 18m for rings (top and bottom)
You’re welcome to call us on (03) 9525 3073
Or email us: [email protected]