Searching for another resource to advance your djembe playing? Well, look no further. It is with great pleasure that we present this fabulous content produced by Learn Djembe Online. Thorough, easy to follow and covering rhythms from level 2 of Grandmaster Mamady Keita’s Djembe Academy curriculum, these downloadable videos are a must have for any djembefolas’ reference library.
In this fully downloadable resource, Australian djembe player and teacher Tara Tucker presents 18 West African rhythms suitable for beginner and intermediate djembe players.
Tara has been officially certified by Mamady Keita to teach his djembe and dunun curriculum She presents the rhythms as she learnt them from him.
Each rhythm package includes:
- Detailed rhythm instruction of 2 djembe accompaniments
- Cultural background information
- Demonstration of the 3 dunun (bass drum) parts
- Ensemble demo video that shows the 3 dununs & 2 djembes coming in 1 by 1
- Rhythm notations
- Basic djembe technique video
- Video explaining how to read the notations
- Playalong tracks of the 2 djembe parts and of the dunun ensemble. Each one is provided at 3 or 4 speeds, ranging from 75 to 135 beats per minute.
At just $85 for all these resources you’ll be hard pressed to find better value for money than this!
(clicking the button will generate a pop-up which allows a direct purchase of this product: no cart needed! NB: please purchase this item separately to other cart items)
Fankani – Popular Malinke rhythm, Wassolon region, Guinea
This material requires just over 1.6G of space. For convenient transmission, the files have been bundled into 4 ‘zip’ files, one for the notation pdfs, one for the tutorial videos, one for the technique and box notation videos and one for the MP3s (audio tracks). You can’t download the zips directly to an iOS device like an ipad. So, please first download the zip files to your computer or external hard drive, unzip the files and then transfer them to your device(s). Thank you!