About the business
African Drumming are Australia’s leading West African Music specialists – we share our passion and knowledge by leading hundreds of annual workshops, offer retreats in Ghana, Bali, Australia and NZ and we make our instruments in our St Kilda studio using traditional drum crafting methods.
We also manage the sister company Bashiri, importing handmade baskets from Ghana.
About the role
We are a busy, dynamic and friendly team, looking for an admin and customer service guru. We don’t use the term “guru” lightly, as this role will keep you on your toes and every second of the day will be utilised to meet the customers’ needs and help support the wider business. You will need to stay calm under pressure while juggling multiple competing priorities, have a positive can-do solution focus, and your care factor and attention to even the smallest details will need to be off the chart.
Being a part of the team at African Drumming becomes about more than just doing a job, it becomes a way of life.
We would love for you to join us if you have experience with:
- Delivering exceptional customer service across a range of business channels (phone, email, webchat)
- Maintaining Excel based databases (a love of numbers and formulas is highly regarded)
- General MS Office and Google Suite skills
- Processing online and phone quotes and orders.
- Updating WordPress based websites
- Maintaining Ecommerce stores and products
- Image management (including light editing work which is easy to learn)
- Triaging and coordinating web and tech issues with our tech specialists
Personal attributes we are looking for:
- Grammar (this one is a deal breaker)
- Accuracy under pressure
- Empathy for other roles
- Hunger to learn and knowledge retention
- Growth mindset
- Resilience and EQ
- Enthusiasm and diligence
Benefits and perks
We love to support our team’s skills and passions – if there is a skill you’d like to develop or bring into the job, we are open to incorporating it whenever possible.
We also offer staff discounts on workshops, retreats and instruments when possible.
This is a full-time role (Monday-Friday). Remuneration: $56,000 + 9.5% super. Start date is immediate.
Please don’t be shy about applying if you only fit some of the experience criteria – we can teach you the rest. We value your character, work ethic and attitude over skills.
Please wow us with your cover letter or video and send it along with your resume to Marta at: [email protected].